Blooming – what is it?
The bloom is caused by the roasting procedure. Whenever all types of organic material are heated, chemicals – carbon dioxide in particular – are discharged. A soon as the beans are ground, the trapped gases are discharged much more quickly. Moreover, when hot water touches the coffee grounds, they immediately purge themselves of the carbon dioxide and create the “bloom.” If will not have water enough space the extraction will much more weak. With pouring and sacking coffee grinds with the smaller amount of water we let enough space to get the gas faster away. Once we will pour more water and grains will be under water, the gas can stock and get out slower.
What is most important with coffee brewing
I would say everything. All the processes are important. Hard to tell which one is most important. But I have tried to analyze, and in my opinion, these are the most important things:
Home Barista vs. Barista
If we want to prepare and enjoy tasty coffee at home, it is important to keep in mind that every little detail during the brewing process matters.
Always remember you can prepare better coffee at home than in coffee shops, the professional Baristas!
Coffee at home
Casco Viejo, Panama City
Today we went to Bajareque, a small fascinating coffee shop in Casco Viejo, a neighborhood in Panama City with lots of Spanish colonial architecture. As soon as the barista of the coffee shop found out that we are passionate about coffee, he introduced us to a manager, who gave us a detailed presentation about their business. He showed us many photographs of the farm, which is supplying the coffee…
Green coffee beans you can buy there everywhere.
10 tips to improve your brewing
Buy freshly roasted, whole beans. I prefer to purchase beans that come with a roasting date that is not older than 2 to 4 weeks. I use them within 6 weeks.
- It’s important that we storage the beans correctly. We should keep them away from sunlight, moisture, oxygen and heat. A good advice is to keep the beans in their original package. After each use, the package should be rolled down as much as possible to draw out excessive air.
- Grind the beans just a couple of minutes before you will prepare the brewing process. There are more aromatic and flavor compounds in coffee than in wine. These compounds will quickly disappear when exposed to oxygen. The grinding size depends on your preferences. There are various expert recommendations for the different brewing methods that can be taken into account. Click here to Read More
- The ratio of freshly-ground coffee and water is important in preparing a delicious cup of coffee. Experiment and explore recommendations, which are often also written on the coffee packages. Keep in mind that the coffee to water ratio depends on many factors, for example, the origin of the coffee beans, the coffee grind size, and the coffee brewing method.
- Brewing good coffee is about precision and consistency. Each method has its own particular routines.
- Very important it has a good quality of water. Water create approx 98% of coffee! Don’t forget on the intensity of coffee taste it has big influence temperature of water.
- I recommend using a higher temperature for the lighter roast and lower, not less than 85C for the darker roast.
- It’s important to use quality coffee equipment and materials.
- Also, it is very important good quality coffee filters, don’t buy the cheaper version to save money and use them for good quality coffee.
- Use caps and glasses that are meaningful and aesthetically appealing to you. Enjoy your coffee in a comfortable environment.
Glass of coffee
Registered and protected by”Protectmywork”
TOP 5 SPECIALTY COFFEE SHOP IN UBUD 2018
Seniman Coffee Studio
Seniman is a spacious and beautifully designed coffee shop in the center of Ubud. The team offers a wide variety of flavourful syphon, pour-over, Chemex and Aeoropress brews made with single-origin coffee beans from Indonesia, Africa, and South and Central America. Seniman celebrates their relationships with coffee growers.
The Nose is a fine Judge.
Next time, when we enter a coffee-shop, let’s take a moment to consider the scent of the space. Do we smell the appetizing fragrances of freshly roasted beans or brewed coffee? Is there anything in the air that strikes us? Let’s pick up the scent in the air and think about what kind of emotions the smell of the space triggers in us.
But let’s also keep in mind that many businesses, including prominent coffee-shop chains, pump artificial scents into the air as a tool to increase the purchase of coffee drinks.
Specialty Coffee & the Beauty of Breathing
Breath is the link between mind and body – Dan Brulé, world-renowned pioneer in Breathwork
Breathing is in our basic human nature. We need oxygen to nourish our bodies. With each breath, we also inhale various aromas from our environment. Aromas affect our thoughts and emotions in everyday life. Mindful breathing brings peace. Our sense of smell has a powerful effect on our brain’s many functions.
Da Lat, Central Vietnam
They cooperate closely with farmers who own small coffee plantations in the outskirts of Da Lat. It is their aim to create a support framework to empower farmers so that they are fully equipped with the vital skills required to cultivate and process high-quality Arabica coffee beans. Passion goes a long way.
Light and transparency are some of the main features of La Viet. The high and open space of the innovative coffee shop is surrounded by glass walls, allowing passers-by to see what’s going on inside. Glass walls also surround the roaster and workshop inside the building. Pipelines are visible across the walls; they remind the guests that they are drinking their coffee in a place, which is also a factory.